Monday, November 08, 2004

11-8

Last night, our Writing Division basketball team had our first game. Our opponent was seven rabbis-to-be from the Jewish Theological Seminary. Columbia didn't have enough co-ed teams sign up to create a full league, so our team was placed in one of the men's divisions. Here's the box score:

Rabbis: 79
Art students: 38

Catherine Despont: 2-5, 4 points
Adam Kaplan: 2-11, 5 points
Ryan Powers: 4-11, 1o points
Dave Cull: 1-5, 2 points
Jay Kang: 7-23, 17 points

A word in our defense: we were without our two big men and our most athletic player. When they return, I see us coming within ten points of victory. Will I still hoist up shots faster than Vic Page? No dizzle.

I've also been reconsidering my shower schedule. Right now, I shower every day at around 9 PM. While this daily regimen might help keep away odors, it has considerably dried out my skin. In college, I remember going three, four days without showering. To eliminate odors, I would just open the woodburning stove in our house and stand in front of the pleasant pine smoke. Never had dry skin issues then and it took much longer for my hair to get gross.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home